Network discovery is a property that makes the device displayed to the rest of the devices and can search other devices on the network. For making a network, devices require to search the rest of the devices on that network itself and connect with them. This feature is helpful in some places only.
The method disabling network discovery in your Windows 10 device
- Firstly, write Control Panel on the Windows Search bar.
- Then, view the Control Panel.
- Next, put the view by Category.
- After that, see the Network and Internet option.
- Then, press on Network and Sharing Center.
- Next, press on Changed advanced sharing settings.
- Lastly, you shall be able to view the Change sharing option for different network profiles.
The method of enabling network discovery in your Windows 10 device for Private Networks
- Firstly, press on Private for expanding.
- Then, switch on or off network discovery according to the need. If you wish to enable it, then you need to press on Turn on automatic setup of network-connected devices.
The method turning on/off network discovery in your Windows 10 device for Public Networks
- Firstly, press on Guest or Public (Current Profile).
- Same as a private network, switch network discovery on/off according to the need.
- Lastly, press on Save Settings to saving the modifications.
The method of using Command Prompt for turning off/on the network discovery
Go through the given below steps:
- Firstly, write ‘CMD’ on the Windows Search bar.
- Then, do a right click on the ‘Command Prompt’ option.
- After that, choose ‘Run as Administrator’.
- An alternative way put the combination of Windows+R buttons for running prompt. Write ‘CMD’ and put the combination of ‘Control+Shift+Enter’ for running the it in admin mode.
- Write the given below order for switching off the network discovery.
- netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group=”Network Discovery” new enable=No
- Write the given below order for enabling the network discovery
- netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group=”Network Discovery” new enable=Yes
Fixing Network Discoverability Issues
By chance, your device is not displayed to the rest of the devices even after going through the above-mentioned ways, then have a look at the options for fixing the issue.
Windows Firewall putting a limitation on Network discovery
- Firstly, visit Control Panel.
- Then, view System and Security option.
- After that, press on Windows Defender Firewall.
- Next, go to the left panel and press Allow and app or feature through Windows Defender Wall.
- Move downward for checking network discovery and turn on the checkbox if you wish to enable it.
- Go to the left panel and press Windows Defender Firewall On/Off.
Bella Williams, an employee currently living in USA and working at a top email service provider company in the day, and a technical writer at night. I am passionate about writing troubleshooting tips, beginner’s guides, news, and other articles on varied topics like canon printer support, Dell Printer Support, Epson Printer Support etc.