Screen resolution matters a lot in order to run and view the programs without any issue on a computer. There are several games, and apps that need low or high screen resolution to work smoothly. Many times, adjusting screen resolution resolves many displays and other associated issues in a device. Google Chromebook laptop allows the users to change the display settings, including screen resolution easily. There are two ways to adjust the screen resolution in Chromebook, through settings or Keyboard shortcut. For any reason, if you require to change the Chromebook’s screen resolution, then both methods are described in the article.
Steps to change Chromebook’s screen resolution from settings
Chromebook supports a number of screen resolutions and gives you the freedom to choose your desired one. You’ll need to go to the display settings under your Chromebook settings to view and change the screen resolution in your device. Here is how.
- Start your ‘Chromebook’ laptop.
- Now, click on your ‘Account’ picture near Wi-Fi and Sound icon at the bottom right corner of your Chromebook desktop. This pops up a small menu at the same corner.
- Click on ‘Settings’ in the pop-up menu to access the Chromebook Settings. Alternatively, you can choose ‘Settings’ from the browser menu.
- Now, click the ‘Search’ box of the settings window.
- And type ‘display’ into it.
- When you see ‘Display Settings’ option in the search, click on it. This will open your Chromebook’s display settings.
- Click on the ‘Resolution’ dropdown button to view screen resolutions list.
- Now, choose a higher or lower resolution according to your need.
- After selecting, click on ‘Done’ to save.
The selected screen resolution will be applied to your Chromebook. You can always adjust the screen resolution in your laptop from here.
Steps to change Chromebook’s screen resolution using Keyboard shortcuts
The above process is the standard way to change the screen resolution not just in Chromebook, but also in all the computers. Unlike other computers, there is one more way for changing the screen resolution in the Chromebook laptop. You can use some simple keyboard shortcuts to lower or increase the screen resolution in your Chromebook. Here are these keyboard shortcuts and ways to use them.
- These keyboard shortcuts are simple and easy to understand; you just have to press ‘Ctrl + Shift and – or +’ button.
- To lower the screen resolution, press ‘Ctrl + Shift and -‘ buttons together.
- And to raise your Chromebook’s screen resolution, press ‘Ctrl + Shift and +‘ buttons together.
When you adjust the resolution with the keyboard shortcut, a message will appear near the bottom confirming that the screen resolution of your Chromebook has been changed.
How to access and adjust your Chromebook’s display settings
If you want to adjust the orientation, mirror your Chromebook screen, etc., then you can do all these from the display settings. Here is how to access and adjust Chromebook’s display settings.
- Launch ‘Chrome’ browser on your laptop.
- Wait for it to start, and then open the browser menu by clicking the ‘Three dots’ near the top.
- Go down in the browser menu and click on ‘Settings.’ The settings window will open on the screen.
- Go down to the Device section.
- And click on ‘Displays.’
Once you reach here, all the Chromebook display settings will appear. See what you want to adjust and use their buttons to tweak the settings.
Bella Williams, an employee currently living in USA and working at a top printer service provider company in the day, and a technical writer at night. I am passionate about writing troubleshooting tips, beginner’s guides, news and other articles on varied topics like dell printer support, Sony Printer Support, Kodak Printer Support etc.